:: My beautiful disasterpiece ::
Christmas newsletter anyone?
:: welcome to my ranting grounds | express yourself ::
...blow me a kiss, I'll be happy the rest of my life...
...friends and such...
:: Amy
:: Bolt
:: Brucie
:: Cals
:: Dang
:: Dr. O
:: Eliot
:: Erica
:: Hubbylicious
:: Jonathan
:: Jo
:: Joseph
:: Josh
:: Justinian
:: Kate
:: Kelly
:: Lynn
:: Maria
:: Mulrich
:: Natalie
:: Nathanael
:: Neno
:: Samantha
:: Stina
:: Yellow
:: Zippy
...falling down the stairs on purpose...
:: 20 Questions
:: Love Calculator
:: I Love Egg
:: Pathetic Geek Stories
:: Stress Relief Aquarium
:: Strong Bad E-mails
...like the darkness between fireflies...
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
July 2003
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007

:: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 ::

"Rock the boat, don't rock the boat, baby..." (The Hues Corporation)

On the subject of why I hardly blog anymore...

I could say I never have time... but blogging takes no longer than Snoodoku (and is less exasperatingly addictive).

I could say I've lost interest... but then I would have to pretend I don't check every day for new comments.

I could say all my introspective needs are being met elsewhere... but writing has always been my deepest form of expression.

Or maybe I could tell the truth -- that I'm a hopeless people-pleaser who's scared [blog]less of rocking anyone's boat. You see, I'm different from who I was in college, and I'm different from who I was when I got married, and I'm wildly different from who I was during childhood. I want to write about those differences and why they're important to me... but I feel like I can't on here.

Mild, grandmotherly angel on my other shoulder: "If people don't like you, you'll be sad; plus, if you rock the boat, you could fall in the water!"

Non-conformist, husbandly angel on my shoulder: "Write what you want and stop caring what others think; you're not living your life for them!"


So...

Realizing that this blog reflects a version of me from a different era, and no longer wanting to suppress my creativity based on real or imaginary disapproval, I hereby lay this blog to rest. May it rest in peace.

If you're ready for Bethany version 2.0, ask me, and I'll send you to my new site. Just remember to bring your life vest and maybe a snorkel or two...

The End

Labels:


:: Bethany Bassett - 9:53 PM :: + ::

This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?