:: My beautiful disasterpiece ::
Christmas newsletter anyone?
:: welcome to my ranting grounds | express yourself ::
...blow me a kiss, I'll be happy the rest of my life...
...friends and such...
:: Amy
:: Bolt
:: Brucie
:: Cals
:: Dang
:: Dr. O
:: Eliot
:: Erica
:: Hubbylicious
:: Jonathan
:: Jo
:: Joseph
:: Josh
:: Justinian
:: Kate
:: Kelly
:: Lynn
:: Maria
:: Mulrich
:: Natalie
:: Nathanael
:: Neno
:: Samantha
:: Stina
:: Yellow
:: Zippy
...falling down the stairs on purpose...
:: 20 Questions
:: Love Calculator
:: I Love Egg
:: Pathetic Geek Stories
:: Stress Relief Aquarium
:: Strong Bad E-mails
...like the darkness between fireflies...
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
July 2003
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007

:: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 ::

"Well so long, good friends, when will we meet again?" (Jack Johnson)

Today, I indulged my little Obsessive Compulsive gene and re-organized the big box of photos from the back of my closet. Wow. I didn't remember how many people I'd forgotten. And those I do remember, I miss like crazy...

There's a picture of Dr. Olson's couch, filled to overflowing with some of my very first friends at LU... Laura and Jesse and Jason and Shroud... I think we played Pictionary that night. I remember laughing until I felt life would be good forever.

Then there's the snapshot of rolly-chair races in the courtyard with DeAnn and Esther. I thought they were both very quiet and reserved when we first met... That was before the mud-wrestling and the toilet-papered rooms and the fake tattoos and the late-night Dairy Queen runs. I vaguely remember us making a pact to meet up again sometime, somewhere. I wish I could remember...

Of course, there's a classic group pic from a Third Day concert with Rachel and Josiah and Randy and Kris. I'm not sure we ever entirely meshed as a group, but I loved how our time together was always about music.

There's a picture of Amanda, Lindsey, and I hanging out on the picnic table, all in green shirts as different as our personalities. We wanted to go somewhere exotic and life-changing together, maybe Sierra Leone, but never got around to it. I think about them every time I hear "Prince of Peace."

I love the picture of Querida and Amy and I wearing the ugliest dresses we could find at Goodwill. We called it group therapy for our Un-Girlfriends Club. I think we were alike in as many ways as we weren't. Who else could start a theoretical band named Vegetarian Meatloaf and hyperventilate together over oatmeal creme pies?

Oh yes, and the picture of Sarah, Becca, Becky, and I modeling our famous wall of hats... I can't imagine having better roommates. Most of us are married, and we're in various corners of the country, but I think it would be grand to have a pajama party reunion complete with pumpkin pie and a man/woman graph.

There are so many more pictures and places and people, and it's hard to tell if my life is richer for having experienced them or poorer for having lost them. I'd like un-lose them, please.

Labels:


:: Bethany Bassett - 10:56 PM :: + ::

This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?