:: My beautiful disasterpiece ::
Christmas newsletter anyone?
:: welcome to my ranting grounds | express yourself ::
...blow me a kiss, I'll be happy the rest of my life...
...friends and such...
:: Amy
:: Bolt
:: Brucie
:: Cals
:: Dang
:: Dr. O
:: Eliot
:: Erica
:: Hubbylicious
:: Jonathan
:: Jo
:: Joseph
:: Josh
:: Justinian
:: Kate
:: Kelly
:: Lynn
:: Maria
:: Mulrich
:: Natalie
:: Nathanael
:: Neno
:: Samantha
:: Stina
:: Yellow
:: Zippy
...falling down the stairs on purpose...
:: 20 Questions
:: Love Calculator
:: I Love Egg
:: Pathetic Geek Stories
:: Stress Relief Aquarium
:: Strong Bad E-mails
...like the darkness between fireflies...
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
July 2003
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007

:: Friday, January 17, 2003 ::

"Your paint dries, the canvas smiles..." (Over the Rhine)

I'm stealing a few minutes now to call my own and no one else's. For once, both sleep and productivity are being abandoned, although sleep always comes last anyway. I probably got about 4 hours last night, but I try to trick my brain into thinking I got so many more.
Some people think I have no energy, but that's not true -- my energy is just quieter, more indrawn and guarded like flower petals closing in. Big things, loud things, big life doesn't scare me, but sometimes I need to retreat and be just me again.
This afternoon is beautiful, and the approaching 3-day weekend makes sunshine even happier. The light is so bright I can't look directly out of my window... just around our dear little apartment with pillows and hats and dried flowers and scents painting a hundred-thousand memories. It's disheartening to think how attached I've grown to a place I've always known was temporary. I need to get used to leaving, but sunlit patterns through cranberry curtains make me jealous of moments when time stands still.
I'm beginning to think that change is one of my biggest fears as well as one of my biggest delights. The grass may always be greener on the other side, but it is definitely softer wherever I am at the moment. Marriage is huge and little and frightening and comforting and dangerous and beautiful. Millions of people before have sacrificed their independence for lifelong companionship; can I too?
I'm learning to forget about doubt though, and I know, more than I know anything else, that God is with me. I'm safe inside hands that fashioned me out of divine dreams and wrote my very own love story and planted courage inside the places that need it the most.
And I'm happy, and life is almost too lovely to use.
Large fingers pushin' paint
You're God and you got big hands
The colors blend
The challenges you give man


Seek my part
Devote myself, my small self
Like a book amongst the many on a shelf


Sometimes I know
Sometimes I rise
Sometimes I fall
Sometimes I don't
Sometimes I cringe
Sometimes I live
Sometimes I walk
Sometimes I kneel
Sometimes I speak of nothing at all
Sometimes I reach to myself, dear God"
~Pearl Jam

Labels:


:: Bethany Bassett - 6:47 PM :: + ::

This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?