:: My beautiful disasterpiece ::
Christmas newsletter anyone?
:: welcome to my ranting grounds | express yourself ::
...blow me a kiss, I'll be happy the rest of my life...
...friends and such...
:: Amy
:: Bolt
:: Brucie
:: Cals
:: Dang
:: Dr. O
:: Eliot
:: Erica
:: Hubbylicious
:: Jonathan
:: Jo
:: Joseph
:: Josh
:: Justinian
:: Kate
:: Kelly
:: Lynn
:: Maria
:: Mulrich
:: Natalie
:: Nathanael
:: Neno
:: Samantha
:: Stina
:: Yellow
:: Zippy
...falling down the stairs on purpose...
:: 20 Questions
:: Love Calculator
:: I Love Egg
:: Pathetic Geek Stories
:: Stress Relief Aquarium
:: Strong Bad E-mails
...like the darkness between fireflies...
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
July 2003
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007

:: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 ::

"They think I make a big deal about nothing..." (Ani Difranco)

I'm sorry I haven't written much of substance in a while... Many conversations with many friends over the last few days have prompted many thoughts. The topic of today's post is me, since this is my blog, and I figure I can write about myself if I so desire.
I am a Christian. However, as Burns says, I wish I didn't have the label. I'd rather not be associated with any group. I am a Christian, but I don't agree with most "believers." A majority of those I've known get so caught up in unimportant issues that they completely miss what really matters. Sometimes they seem to think that true spirituality is their suits and ties, their Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights, their tracts, their choir robes, their Christianese, their informed "right" to judge, their 5-point sermons, their superiority to punk-rock teenagers and bums off the street..... I know I am being stereotypical, but stereotypes are born from truth.
I believe that life is short and meant to be lived fully. I believe that there is no need to have the future figured out as long as the one in charge is a God who loves adventure. I believe that freedom is a realization. I believe that people can disagree without judging. I believe that humor is essential, and laughter is highly underrated. I believe that intent matters far beyond outcome. I believe that one can never think too much, and that God gave us logical capacity for a reason. I believe that actions speak, yell, holler, and whisper much, much louder than words. I believe that each person has value too high to be calculated (even imperfect chapel speakers). Above all, I believe in love (thanks, "Moulin Rouge").
I can't guarantee that any person will ever know exactly who I am, and "any person" includes me. My brain never shuts off, and I have a hundred different hues and shades every day. I don't want to imagine where I'd be without God's love -- it is less like a crutch to fall back on and more like a spaceship with unknown and fantastic destinations. I am easy to explain but hard to understand (isn't everyone?). If you and I have ever spoken, you have probably influenced these thoughts... and many thanks... But don't analyze too much, because really, in the end, I'm just me.

Labels:


:: Bethany Bassett - 3:02 PM :: + ::

This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?