:: My beautiful disasterpiece ::
Christmas newsletter anyone?
:: welcome to my ranting grounds | express yourself ::
...blow me a kiss, I'll be happy the rest of my life...
...friends and such...
:: Amy
:: Bolt
:: Brucie
:: Cals
:: Dang
:: Dr. O
:: Eliot
:: Erica
:: Hubbylicious
:: Jonathan
:: Jo
:: Joseph
:: Josh
:: Justinian
:: Kate
:: Kelly
:: Lynn
:: Maria
:: Mulrich
:: Natalie
:: Nathanael
:: Neno
:: Samantha
:: Stina
:: Yellow
:: Zippy
...falling down the stairs on purpose...
:: 20 Questions
:: Love Calculator
:: I Love Egg
:: Pathetic Geek Stories
:: Stress Relief Aquarium
:: Strong Bad E-mails
...like the darkness between fireflies...
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
July 2003
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007

:: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 ::

"No ovaries, no opinion!"

So I've been all cheery and domestic tonight. I feel like I should be wearing a red-checkered dress, hair up in rag-curlers. Hanging curtains, installing light fixtures, trying to sweep like Cinderella (humming as I caress the floor with my broom and the dirt flies away in a chorus line)... I love to clean. My roommates love that I love to clean. I love that they love it. It's a good situation all around.
Oh, and those of you staying away due to our 90 degree inferno -- we have a brand new, fully functional A/C. Our characters will no longer be built through this particular tribulation, but at least we won't have to swelter any longer.
Roomie and I took a therapeutic trip to Goodwill earlier; for under $10, we got:
* Hawaiian shirt from the maternity section
* Blue and orange "Sugar" shirt with useless pocket on sleeve
* Matching "White Oak Roughnecks" tees (may I mention how much I enjoy being able to shop in the little boy's section?)
* "Southfork Ranch" t-shirt with 2 happy cows and 1 happy horse on the front. On the back are the words "hcnaR krofhtuoS" and the rear ends of said happy cows and happy horse.
* "East Texas Mule Riders Association" t-shirt
* Shirt with train motif - Front: "Conjunction Junction" Back: "What's your function?" (Being nerds, there was no resisting)
* "Air Jesus: The Ultimate High!" featuring Jesus slam-dunking the earth, robes streaming behind in mad oblivion
* Yellow t-shirt with words across the front: "This t-shirt is done in Braille - Please read gently" Note: It is generally against the natures of both Sarah and I to buy something like this, but could we possibly be expected to just leave it at Goodwill? Yeah, I didn't think so.
* 6 stoneware coffee mugs (so much cuter than it sounds)
* Large turquoise goblet with no purpose beyond entertainment
Next trip, we will actually splurge on the Most Hideous Dresses Conceived by Mortal Man, instead of just giggling over them. If everyone knew about Goodwill, I'm convinced that the counseling industry would fall dramatically. Nothing in the world is quite as exhilarating as spending pocket change on a treasure trove of other people's rejects.

Labels:


:: Bethany Bassett - 11:02 PM :: + ::

This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?