:: My beautiful disasterpiece ::
Christmas newsletter anyone?
:: welcome to my ranting grounds | express yourself ::
...blow me a kiss, I'll be happy the rest of my life...
...friends and such...
:: Amy
:: Bolt
:: Brucie
:: Cals
:: Dang
:: Dr. O
:: Eliot
:: Erica
:: Hubbylicious
:: Jonathan
:: Jo
:: Joseph
:: Josh
:: Justinian
:: Kate
:: Kelly
:: Lynn
:: Maria
:: Mulrich
:: Natalie
:: Nathanael
:: Neno
:: Samantha
:: Stina
:: Yellow
:: Zippy
...falling down the stairs on purpose...
:: 20 Questions
:: Love Calculator
:: I Love Egg
:: Pathetic Geek Stories
:: Stress Relief Aquarium
:: Strong Bad E-mails
...like the darkness between fireflies...
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
July 2003
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007

:: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 ::

"I hate to [blog] you in the middle of dinner..." (Alanis)

The Rules:
1. Read the 3 poems listed below. Understanding optional.
2. Put your creative genius to work by matching poems to poets.
3. Options are: Querida Stafford, Bethany Smith, and Edgar Allan Poe.
4. Comment with your guess, but ONLY if....
5. You include a poem of your own writing.
Let the games begin!

~*~*~*~*~
Once upon a midnight dreary,
While I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious
Volume of forgotten lore--
While I nodded, nearly napping,
Suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping,
Rapping at my chamber door.
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered,
"Tapping at my chamber door--
Only this and nothing more."
(Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!")

~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~
Who can measure the worth
Of an exquisite delusion?
Only a dream,
A precious nonentity,
Softer than sleep,
Softly unreal.
Slipping into enchantment,
Falling in love with words
And worlds and kindred spirits
Beyond the realm of hope.
Divine coquetry intermixed with
So many sighs and tear-stained joys;
Wishes being discovered
On a star too bright to believe.
You are delight and disappointment,
Discovery and daydreams,
The reason for wishful thinking,
Radiant, sweet despair.
Countless times I have crawled
Into the shelter of your words,
Beautiful, stark,
Untainted by what's common.
You awoke my head,
You awoke my senses,
You awoke whatever quiet place
So much life was hidden away.
If only you knew my inspiration
Is engraved with the image of your soul.
Smile that unfolds the edges
Of something too deep to touch,
On a face I dared not dream
I could even hope to see.
Kindness imprinted in eyes
I've read so many times before.
You are beautiful,
So beautiful,
Made for life and love,
But transcending them both.
I know you more than you know;
I love you more than I know.
I blew a kiss to divinest dreams;
Oh, but will it come to you?

~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~
You don't know me,
You don't live my life,
You don't wear these shoes,
Or cry these tears,
So you don't know me.
I never wanted to change the world,
Just you --
Make you love me,
Let you hold me
Like you always did in my head,
Where you always were.
I've got all these great love songs
Running through my head,
And I have no idea why any are there;
But suddenly I realize
That none of them reminds me of you.
And these words,
They're streaming from my fingers
Before I can arrange them intelligibly in my head.
And it's freeing,
And it's exhilarating,
And it's peaceful,
And it's tragic.
Because suddenly, quite suddenly,
I don't miss loving you anymore.
The oddest thing is that
It doesn't even feel odd
To not be warmed by the thought of your smile,
To not be me, the girl who loves that guy,
To not be me, the child who cries herself to sleep every night,
To not feel that the whole of me belongs to you.
Suddenly there is just me,
And my pen and my paper and the re-runs on TV,
And I don't feel like I'm missing anything special
Just cause you're not here;
Because suddenly, quite suddenly,
Just me is just fine.

~*~*~*~*~

The End.

Labels:


:: Bethany Bassett - 4:24 PM :: + ::

This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?