:: My beautiful disasterpiece ::
Christmas newsletter anyone?
:: welcome to my ranting grounds | express yourself ::
...blow me a kiss, I'll be happy the rest of my life...
...friends and such...
:: Amy
:: Bolt
:: Brucie
:: Cals
:: Dang
:: Dr. O
:: Eliot
:: Erica
:: Hubbylicious
:: Jonathan
:: Jo
:: Joseph
:: Josh
:: Justinian
:: Kate
:: Kelly
:: Lynn
:: Maria
:: Mulrich
:: Natalie
:: Nathanael
:: Neno
:: Samantha
:: Stina
:: Yellow
:: Zippy
...falling down the stairs on purpose...
:: 20 Questions
:: Love Calculator
:: I Love Egg
:: Pathetic Geek Stories
:: Stress Relief Aquarium
:: Strong Bad E-mails
...like the darkness between fireflies...
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
July 2003
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007

:: Thursday, August 29, 2002 ::

"Yeah, how long must you wait for it?" (Coldplay)

Peanut-butter M&M's in the afternoon laziness... The air is scented with autumn hopes, the evidence of things unseen.
Classes are not grabbing me with ambition like usual this year. I often find myself staring off, not into space, but into a whole different world... There is never a moment when music is not shimmering in my head, when idyllic scenes don't vie for my attention. For all my logical tendencies, I’m a daydreamer to the core. Unfortunately, “we at LeTourneau University” frown on imaginary adventures while class is in session.
So strange to be a bonafide upper-classman. Time here moves at the speed of chaos, though not quickly enough for dreams. Sometimes it feels like I’ve never not been a college student, but only yesterday I was learning that “Saga” refers to the cafeteria (and everything therein), where to buy textbooks, and which professors to avoid if sanity holds any value.
I’m not exactly listless, but I’m dissatisfied. Life is too short to always be waiting and preparing for that elusive Someday. I feel like I have more potential now than ever again to experience life, fall in love, devote myself to scratching the surface of eternity. Any wonder why classwork = stagnation in my mind?
I won’t leave school. I won’t give up my academic pursuit because of boredom. However, I won’t wait for Someday to start. Where there are people, there are opportunities; when used properly, opportunities can yield the greatest beauty in God’s imagination.
Thus commences Operation Life. Hello world, so glad you could come…

Labels:


:: Bethany Bassett - 2:38 PM :: + ::

This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?