:: My beautiful disasterpiece ::
Christmas newsletter anyone?
:: welcome to my ranting grounds | express yourself ::
...blow me a kiss, I'll be happy the rest of my life...
...friends and such...
:: Amy
:: Bolt
:: Brucie
:: Cals
:: Dang
:: Dr. O
:: Eliot
:: Erica
:: Hubbylicious
:: Jonathan
:: Jo
:: Joseph
:: Josh
:: Justinian
:: Kate
:: Kelly
:: Lynn
:: Maria
:: Mulrich
:: Natalie
:: Nathanael
:: Neno
:: Samantha
:: Stina
:: Yellow
:: Zippy
...falling down the stairs on purpose...
:: 20 Questions
:: Love Calculator
:: I Love Egg
:: Pathetic Geek Stories
:: Stress Relief Aquarium
:: Strong Bad E-mails
...like the darkness between fireflies...
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
July 2003
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007

:: Saturday, August 24, 2002 ::

"She done R-U-N-O-F-T..." ("O Brother, Where Art Thou?")

Heaven forbid that this weekend should have any down time. Relaxation -- who needs it? Solitude -- highly overrated! Time to unpack, buy books, and deal with a new semester -- surely you don't need that! We here at LeTourneau believe in sleeping as little as is mortally possible. So there was Rant #1.
Rant #2: In theory, I am a Freshmen Experience leader. I am the one to answer your questions, direct you to any conceivable location, and demonstrate every facet of LeTourneau life (in a favorable light, of course). In actuality, I am the one to smile, nod, and act excited over events I know nothing about. Basically, we were handed 3 opposing schedules and expected to lead the freshmen through this infernally busy weekend. "Sorry, I have no idea what 'Keys to Academics' is, but I know you should be there at either 9:00, 9:30 or 11:00 this morning."
While I'm ranting, I have to put in a word for John Morglia (very questionable spelling). He made a pottery/Gospel presentation tonight. I have seen him 5 times before at LU, and he never improves. Soft-spoken man with white hair and a dirty cap pulled over his eyes... One hour of non-sequitur ramblings, interspersed with flat jokes and the most incongruous analogies I've ever heard...
Apparently, we are clay. We are hands. We are engineers, architects. We need to have perspective. We need to be clay pots. We need to not be cracked. God wants to use cracked pots. Why don't cannibals like Pentecostals? Because they keep throwing up their hands. Our hearts are clay and full of themselves. God wants to take away our heart so we can be empty. We need to be empty. We need to be full. We want to be sewage tiles. We can't have eyes but no ears. We should become attached to dirtballs. If we have too much, we will be weighed down. The bigger our heart is, the weaker we are. We need to be weak. We want to be strong. Clay is faith. Jesus said, "I will make you fishers of men." We can scrape the bottoms off and make them into new hearts. I'm not really a potter; I'm just pulling this out of the table real slow. You can't understand the Bible if you don't understand it. Are any of you shepherds? We need to have soft hearts. We need to take our hearts away. You can't see this because you don't know the glaze formula. We need to shape the tops. We need to be washed away by the rain. We need the rain to fill us up. The rain has nothing to do with it. We need to resist against God molding us. For an hour and six minutes...
Ok, negativity is out of my system for now. I love getting to know new students and their parents. I have been in one of my elements meeting and greeting and shining with the presence of inner smiles. I have had a blast with my teammates so far. Engineers are utterly cool once you get to know them, and there is no bonding quite like sweaty human knots and giant shaving cream fights. The fun doesn't end until late Monday night, so I'm sure there will be plenty to say later on. I know one paragraph of pleasantness doesn't quite make up for three rants, but the last few days have been very smile-worthy. Really. No, I promise!
I'm way past pumpkin time tonight (well, this morning). I'm off to a few hours of sleep, and then a service project at either 7:00, 7:45, or 8:00 in the morning. Mm mmm, almost too much fun to stand! G'night all, and have a beautiful one.

Labels:


:: Bethany Bassett - 2:01 AM :: + ::

This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?