:: My beautiful disasterpiece ::
Christmas newsletter anyone?
:: welcome to my ranting grounds | express yourself ::
...blow me a kiss, I'll be happy the rest of my life...
...friends and such...
:: Amy
:: Bolt
:: Brucie
:: Cals
:: Dang
:: Dr. O
:: Eliot
:: Erica
:: Hubbylicious
:: Jonathan
:: Jo
:: Joseph
:: Josh
:: Justinian
:: Kate
:: Kelly
:: Lynn
:: Maria
:: Mulrich
:: Natalie
:: Nathanael
:: Neno
:: Samantha
:: Stina
:: Yellow
:: Zippy
...falling down the stairs on purpose...
:: 20 Questions
:: Love Calculator
:: I Love Egg
:: Pathetic Geek Stories
:: Stress Relief Aquarium
:: Strong Bad E-mails
...like the darkness between fireflies...
July 2002
August 2002
September 2002
October 2002
November 2002
December 2002
January 2003
February 2003
July 2003
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
June 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007

:: Thursday, August 01, 2002 ::

“Men – they’re here to rock your world!” (TV Commercial this morning)

Every female born into this world should come with a book explaining exactly how each man she will ever meet will feel about her, and how she should respond in each situation. You menfolk have it easier than you know… “Will you go out with me?” How hard is it to ask 6 monosyllabic words and leave the results up to the gal?
Meanwhile, take a peek into the female mind: “Oh no, not this question! If I say yes, I might get into an imbalanced situation in which I feel stifled and begin to pull away, causing him to try even harder, pushing me further away, ending in an emotional and confusing break-up! On the other hand, maybe he really does like me a lot, and if I said no, he would go into hibernation and his eyes would forever hold the look of a betrayed and deeply-wounded puppy. But if I said yes, and we ended up in a functional relationship, it would hurt him even more when I broke it off… after all, I can’t see myself ever marrying him! Of course, he could be Mr. Right and I could be passing up my one chance for lifelong bliss. On the other hand, he could just be one of those needy, possessive guys, or maybe a player who will virtually ignore me after I agree to a relationship. He is a fun guy to hang out with… but I don’t really know him all that well, and jumping into a dating relationship would only make things awkward. So I’ll tell him I only want to be friends. But what if he’s the kind of guy that takes 'Just friends' as a more acute rejection than a flat-out 'No'? Or what if he’s the kind of guy that takes 'Just friends' as a shy 'Yes' and never leaves me alone again? Or what if he understands 'Just friends' to mean 'Just friends', but we can never feasibly be friends because of the awkwardness of knowing he once asked me out? So I can’t say 'Yes,' I can’t say 'No,' and I can’t say 'Just friends.' That leaves 'Maybe,' which leaves the whole situation unconcluded, giving him unnecessary hope or plaguing him with the unnecessary anguish of suspense. Oh, why did God have to make men? Why? Why?”
I have to wonder sometimes if guys are clueless as to the mental agony they produce. Or do they go through mental agony of their own? (“Inconceivable!”) If you have any insight, by all means, share!

Labels:


:: Bethany Bassett - 11:30 AM :: + ::

This page is powered by 

Blogger. Isn't yours?